1. Complete a minimum of 6 races from the list.
2. The list will be broken down into Short, Medium and Long – to qualify for the standard championship you need to do one from each category, plus any other 3 (but no more than three in total from any one category) eg you could do SSSMML or SSMMLL or SMMLLL (but NOT for example SSSSML)
3. To qualify to both vote for and possibly win the Spirit of Fell award (that replaces the handicap this year) you just need to have done *any* six races from the list ie they could all be short races.
4. The Championship will run from February – December (that’s best part of a couple of months off to get ready for next year )
5. Points in the standard Championship will be awarded for how well you did against *everyone else* in the race, not just the Lions. (Thus there’s no advantage to being the only Lion to turn up). Loads more detail and worked examples here.
6. Trophies will be awarded for: 1st Male, 1st Female, 1st Vet ( where we class a vet as anyone over 50 ) and The Spirit of Fell award – voted for by you the other fell runners who have also completed a minimum of *any* six races. This is a fell runners’ runner of the year award to recognise someone who epitomises the spirit of fell running. (Winning one of the other trophies will disbar you from winning this, but you still get to vote).
7. One league for all competitors.
8. You are responsible for carrying the correct kit as indicated on the race entry details of each race.
9. Please try and wear the Stainland shirt where possible.